INBOUND TRANSFER POLICIES
Sheepdog Firearms will gladly facilitate your online gun purchase. Please read through the following policies and complete the form on the right to start the process.
Please note: As of November 1, 2020, the ATF has modified their forms and now require the firearm serial number to be entered on their form before you can complete it. Because of this change, all firearms must be received in our store prior to you completing the form and prior to us completing a background check. We understand this can cause additional delays however please know that it is out of our control.
- Transfer fee to Dyer is $30 per item.
- Transfer fee will be charged for ammunition or accessories sent through Sheepdog Firearms.
- For Illinois residents, 72-hour wait period will begin at the time on Sheepdog Firearms receipt for transfer fee payment.
- $20 additional fee will be charged for firearms received blindly (for which this form has not been completed and transfer fee has not been paid)
- Transfers not picked up within 14 days will incur a $5/day storage fee. Firearms not picked up within 30 days will be considered abandoned property and will become the property of Sheepdog.
- One Transfer Form is to be completed for each inbound transfer
- Person to Person transfers will only incur one $30/item transfer fee.
- Driver’s License and/or FOID card copies will be retained for both buyer and seller in a person to person transfer.
- Once the firearm is received by Sheepdog Firearms, the transfer fee is not-refundable regardless of whether customer accepts the firearm or not. Costs are incurrect by Sheepdog for receiving and returning firearms to the original shipper and will not be refunded.