INBOUND TRANSFER POLICIES
Due to the recently signed legislation, we are no longer able to process transfers for any of the firearms described in the so-called "Assault Weapons Ban". If any of these newly banned firearms are sent to Sheepdog for transfer, you will need to work with your seller to pay for return shipping, including transfer fees.
"Any sale or transfer with a background check initiated to the Illinois State Police on or before the effective date of this amendatory Act of the 102nd General Assembly is allowed to be completed after the effective date of this amendatory Act once an approval is issued by the Illinois State Police and any applicable waiting period under Section 24-3 has expired."
Sheepdog Firearms will gladly facilitate your online gun purchase. Please read through the following policies and complete the form on the right to start the process.
Please note: As of November 1, 2020, the ATF has modified their forms and now require the firearm serial number to be entered on their form before you can complete it. Because of this change, all firearms must be received in our store prior to you completing the form and prior to us completing a background check. We understand this can cause additional delays however please know that it is out of our control.
- Transfer fee is $45 per item.
- Transfer fee will be charged for ammunition or accessories sent through Sheepdog Firearms.
- 72-hour wait period will begin at the time on Sheepdog Firearms receipt for transfer fee payment.
- $20 additional fee will be charged for firearms received blindly (for which this form has not been completed and transfer fee has not been paid)
- Transfers not picked up within 14 days will incur a $5/day storage fee. Firearms not picked up within 30 days will be considered abandoned property and will become the property of Sheepdog.
- One Transfer Form is to be completed for each inbound transfer
- Person to Person transfers will only incur one $45/item transfer fee.
- Driver’s License and/or FOID card copies will be retained for both buyer and seller in a person to person transfer.
- Buyer is responsible to ensure firearm is legal for purchase and delivery in Illinois. Sheepdog will not knowingly transfer any firearms that are not allowed under state or local laws. Please review the Illinois Prohibited Firearms statute prior to your purchase.
- Once the firearm is received by Sheepdog Firearms, the transfer fee is not-refundable regardless of whether customer accepts the firearm or not. Costs are incurrect by Sheepdog for receiving and returning firearms to the original shipper and will not be refunded.